Hiya! Lisa Farver here . . .
I am an indie writer who never quite outgrew adventure books and fairytales. I write what I love to read: characters overcoming incredible odds in far off magical worlds.
I live in sunny Arizona with my family, two rescued cats, and a hedgehog. I have a degree in criminal justice and have worked as a police dispatcher for over 15 years.
When I am not working long hours or writing you can find me binge watching my favorite shows, gaming on the computer, or baking up something sweet in the kitchen. I drink far too much sparkling water and can never say no to lunch at the Cornish Pasty Co.
10 Fun Facts About Me
1. My nickname is Farva, after the dorky officer in the movie Supertroopers.
2. I like lattes, A LOT. If you have coffee shop recommendations in Arizona send them my way.
3. I had a medieval themed wedding right down to the ballgown and turkey leg drumsticks.
4. When I was little I used to think that airplane contrails in the sky were cloud makers.
5. I have owned or fostered hamsters, gerbils, rats, guinea pigs, sugar gliders, leopard geckos, bearded dragons, ball pythons, and jungle carpet pythons.
6. My favorite movie is Beauty and the Beast and I even got to see the Broadway Musical.
7. If I could go anywhere in the world right now it would be on pacific coastal cruise.
8. The very first book I can remember reading is The Fairy Rebel by Lynn Reid Banks.
9. I love the color black because it goes with everything and makes getting dressed at 2 AM so much easier.
10. If I had to pick the best video game of all time it would be the Mass Effect trilogy.
My Writing Assistants